Wednesday, November 28, 2007

So.....I decided to finally do this blog thing...

So I decided that I should finally start a blog. I have so much going on these days and I figured this could be a place for me to sorta vent some it...not that any one else would care but at least it will make me feel better just to write it down.



So to start... my first semester at the University of Alabama is almost over. Just a few more test and I'm done. Grades are not looking as I would like but should make it through ok. Wow!It has went by so fast....it seems like just a few weeks ago I was getting ready to move to Tuscaloosa and now it's almost December. It has been quite a stressful semester. I'm hoping that next semester will be better, classes are definitly not going to get easier, but hopefully, I will know a little more of what to expect. I am more adjusted to life here so maybeI will not get behind as fast as I did this semester. I just started out on the wrong foot this semester. With my Grandmother being sick and then her passing away two days before classes started left me with little time to get used to everything here before I was thrown into this massive swirl of chaos called college life on your own. It did not take me long to realize that I have horrible study skills. Being the girl in Highschool that made straight A's without ever opening a book has came back to bite me in the butt....severely. Plus I just had to get used to the size of the University and how everything works. Growing up in a small town, living there for 19 years and then moving to the city...big difference. Basically it just took me a while to really find my niche here....but I did it.



On a good note I have made lots of new friends. Some of them I'm not sure I would have made it without. For the most part I do really like it here. The Engineering program is not easy but everyone needs a good challenge. Some days I feel like I am drowing in a sea of failure but I will survive somehow.

Right now I am just trying to keep grinding my way through this semester trying to finish out with decent grades....then it will be Christmas break. I can go home and see my family....clear my head for a few weeks and then come back and start with a clean slate.



As for now my C++ test tommorow night is on the brain so I need to get back to studying.



No comments: