Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Break is Almost Over

So it's almost time to go back to school. In some ways I am excited and others I am sad. I am ready to go back and see all my friends, but I know as soon as I get there the fun and games will be short lived and then it's back to reality and studying my brain off. Like I said in a earlier post.....my goal is to make better grades this semester. I am also ...as wierd as this may seem.....ready for classes to start so I can get back into a routine again. I think thats mostly because I know it is going to eventually come. I am begining to get bored here...I'm running out of things to do and people to go visit. Don't get me wrong I have had a great Christmas break and all I am just feeling a little lazy and don't want that to become to big of a habit. Because being in college at Bama leaves me everything short of being lazy, that is at least if I plan to make it at all there. I have new plans for this semester. I want to start going to the rec center and working out. I plan to do this in the mornings before class. Since class doesn't start until 10 or 11 every morning this will be a good way to get me out of bed. Plus I need to stay a size 5-7 for a while....I like it that way. I don't want to get fat. Speaking of getting fat... I need to get away from this house and all its food. Don't get me wrong..I LOVE my mama's cooking and all but I have been eating to much. Plus all the candy and goodies from the holidays....I have probably gained a few pounds since I have been here. It's like wow there is actually food in this house. Because Nikki and I keep very little food in out apartment. That brings up another goal for this semester. To cook more and to eat more healthy. Last semester consisted of to much eating out. I know how to cook..it's just finding the time to that was a problem. This semester I need to cook more. So if you have any yummy, quick and easy recipes...you can share the secret.

So as for the past couple of days I haven't really accomplished much . New Years Eve I went to a friend from churchs house. I pretty much just played with my pastors 2 year old all night.
New Years day was pretty boring. I was incredibly tired and went to bed at like 9:30. Today I scrapbooked with a friend. That was lots of fun. We had some drama at Wal-mart this morning trying to print pics but after probably close to 2 hours we finally headed for her house. Then her mom fixed us some lunch so I ended up staying at her house all afternoon, but we had lots of fun. Scrapbooking is something that I miss a lot. I don't have room for my stuff at my apt, nor do I really have the time to do anything when I am there. I managed to do 6 pages today though. I'm kinda caught up for now. Tomorrow morning I have to go to the eye Doctor. I am not looking forward to getting up early and getting out in the cold. BRRRR. Tomorrow afternoon I am supposed to have dinner with some really close friends from High School. I am pretty excited about that. I don't get to see them very often. We were all super close in High School. Most of us have grew up together so not seeing each other often was a big change.

No comments: